French toast are such a lovely meal to start the day, If it was up to me, I would have that every morning; but I'm always in too much of a hurry (and I'm sure most of you are as well) to arrive to school in time - I merely have a cup of tea and a cereal bar. But it's weekend! The only days I can treat myself with a truly heartwarming morning meal. So how about relaxing in bed for a while longer and take the time to cook up a lovely, delicious breakfast?
· 3-4 eggs
· A big splash of eggnog
· A splash of vanilla extract
· Pinch of salt
· 6 thick slices of your favourite bread
· Knob of butter for frying
1. Whisk the eggs. eggnog, vanilla, and salt together in a mixing bowl until well blended. Pour the mixture into a shallow dish.
2. Heat pan, add some butter.
3. Dip on slice of bread at a time in the mixture, let it soak a few seconds and then flip them.
4. Fry them up, turning once, until golden brown on each side. Place the cooked slices on a serving plate and cover with foil to keep warm until all French toast is cooked; serve immediately.
- Caramelized bananas
- Some berries
I hope you enjoy your weekend!
Recipe and images via Anventures Heart